‘Together we grow’
Click Here to join the Parent Forum Meeting today
Covid19 – Please click here or go to Essential Information tab and then ‘Safeguarding and Policies’ to see how we are keeping the children safe during the pandemic. Our home learning is being delivered through Microsoft Teams; all children have their own log-ins. If you need any support with accessing the on-line learning, or have any suggestions as to how we can improve, do get in touch via the office or the children’s class e-mail accounts.
StowerProvost Community School is a small rural primary school where each child is treated as a special individual and encouraged to achieve their very best.
Our motto, “Together we grow,” underpins everything we aim to achieve.
At Stower Provost Primary School, we value the benefits of working together in a small, caring community where learning is at the heart of all we do. Everyone is challenged and encouraged to thrive and achieve as an individual, preparing each one to be a confident and active citizen in modern Britain.
Our vision is to create a school community where the uniqueness of every child is valued. We strive to instill in the children a lifelong love of learning and ambition for their future so they are proud of their achievements.
Stower Provost Strategic Goals 2018 – 2023
- to inspire our children to be independent, inquiring and confident
- to create a stimulating and supportive learning environment in order to ensure the highest levels of achievement and attainment
- to employ efficient and effective procedures to allow our focus to be on improving education
- to ensure Stower Provost is a rewarding and supportive place to work
- to lead with passion, clarity and vision for the whole school community
Our School Development Plan priorities 2020 – 2021
- To raise attainment in reading, writing and maths, in particular addressing any missed understanding or knowledge and including support for mental & physical health
- To develop on-line teaching methods resulting in a dynamic, hybrid approach for home and school-based learning, without increasing staff workload
- To adopt a system of collaborative work with other schools to improve peer to peer support across all groups of staff and pupils
Our school dates from 1850, is situated in North Dorset between the towns and villages of Gillingham, Shaftesbury, Sturminster Newton and Marnhull and is located in a unique and beautiful rural setting with views of the Blackmore Vale and the Dorset Downs. Our catchment area covers a number of villages – Fifehead Magdalen, Kington Magna, Stour Provost, East and West Stour, Stour Row and Todber. However, almost half of our children come from outside the catchment, a measure, we hope, of our reputation for helping all our children develop to the best of their potential, not just academically but as well rounded members of our community.
We are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children. Click here to read our Safeguarding Statement