‘Together we grow’
Visits to the school always welcome - call us to arrange a tour!
Stower Provost Community School is a small rural primary school where each child is treated as a special individual and encouraged to be the very best that they can be.
Our motto, “Together we grow,” underpins everything we aim to achieve.
At Stower Provost Primary School, we value the benefits of working together in a small, caring community where learning is at the heart of all we do. Everyone is challenged and encouraged to thrive and achieve as an individual, preparing them to be confident and active citizens in modern Britain.
Our vision is to create a school community where the uniqueness of every child is valued. We strive to instill in the children a lifelong love of learning and ambition for their future so they are proud of their achievements.
Stower Provost Strategic Goals 2018 – 2023
- to inspire our children to be independent, inquiring and confident
- to create a stimulating and supportive learning environment in order to ensure the highest levels of achievement and attainment
- to employ efficient and effective procedures to allow our focus to be on improving education
- to ensure Stower Provost is a rewarding and supportive place to work
- to lead with passion, clarity and vision for the whole school community
We are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children. Click here to read our Safeguarding Statement.
Our school dates from 1850, is situated in North Dorset between the towns and villages of Gillingham, Shaftesbury, Sturminster Newton and Marnhull and is located in a unique and beautiful rural setting with views of the Blackmore Vale and the Dorset Downs. Our catchment area covers a number of villages – Fifehead Magdalen, Kington Magna, Stour Provost, East and West Stour, Stour Row and Todber. However, half of our children come from outside the catchment, a measure, we hope, of our reputation for helping all our children develop to the best of their potential, not just academically but as well rounded members of our community.